Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

Our Valentine's Day was celebrated a little earlier this year. Mitch took off work on Friday as a surprise to me. I got to sleep in a little later than normal and he got Payton up and hung out with her that morning. I got to go to the gym and yoga. I came home and we played for a little while and then we had lunch. Mitch gave me my Valentine from him and Payton, inside was a gift certificate and appointment down for a massage, manicure and pedicure with a hand a foot wrap scheduled at 1pm. After lunch I headed to the spa. It was wonderful and relaxing to get pampered for an afternoon. While I was getting pampered, Mitch was busy at home preparing dinner and dessert. When I got home dinner was ready, he made pork tenderloin, garlic mashed potatoes, asparagus and squash. It was wonderful and for dessert we had carrot cake cheesecake. He did such a great job with dinner and it was so great to have a day when I didn't have to lift a finger. Payton got her Valentine's present, a love bug, she loved it.
We had music playing and the two of us danced around the kitchen. Payton loves to twirl. It was time to put Payton to go to bed and Mitch did all the dishes and cleaned up the kitchen. Once she went to bed I had some more wine and we watch Couples Retreat. It was a good movie. We had a great Valentine's together and I feel so blessed to have such a sweet caring husband.
Payton giving Daddy her Valentine kisses
twirling with Mommy

Payton got a love bug for Valentine's Day

Our wonderful dinner prepared by such a great chef

Our to die for dessert

No comments: