Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Parker Mitchell Lyman

On April 14th, 2013 Parker Mitchell Lyman was born at 2:24am. He was a whooping 10lbs, well 9 lbs 15.5oz once they got him on the scale, after he peed twice.  I was 37 weeks and so grateful to go into labor.  I started having contractions Saturday night about 9 pm   They were off and on and not that strong but as the night went along they got worse and we checked into the hospital around 12:30. Once I was monitored for about 15 minutes they talked to the Dr. and then away they went.  They started IV's and got people in and out and had me in the OR with in about 45 minutes to do my section.  
Besides being so excited to meet my baby boy.  I was also excited to move into the next phase of getting my life back to normal. I am so excited to be off bed rest, even though my body is so exhausted all the time.  Trying to recover from being on bed rest and recover from major surgery is going to take a while.  
I was so grateful Mitch got to stay the first night at the hospital with me to help me try to get in and out of bed.  My kids like to make sure we start off with no sleep.  Every single one of them was born in the middle of the night after having a long exhausting day.  Parker was no exception.
We are so pleased to welcome the last member into our family.  We are adjusting to our new way of life.  Boys are getting used to having a baby around.  Payton likes to help when she is in the mode.  He is an excellent sleeper.  He hardly makes any noise so far, eats, sleeps and poops and that is about it.  It is really hard for me to put him down, knowing we aren't having anymore babies I want to savor every minute.  Newborn is one of my favorite stages, you can just hold and kiss all over them 24 hours a day.  I am not but I probably could easily if I didn't have 3 other kiddos to take care of.  
A special THANK YOU to all of our family and friends that helped us out during bed rest.  You all know who you are and we wanted to get me far enough to have a healthy baby and Momma, and we made it.  We can't say Thank you enough and are extremely grateful for all of your support and love.  

away we go
 
 our sweet baby boy
 getting to meet baby brother
 the kids are being so gentle
 big sister
 our great nurse letting Payton hear his heart beat
 Sitting with Momma
 OMG so cute
 getting ready to go home
 everyone wants to help baby brother
definately number 4, sleeping with 3 other kids running around making tons of noise

No comments: