Saturday, April 13, 2013

Garden Time

Today the kids helped Mitch get Phil and Karen's garden ready for planting.  The kids had so much fun helping move dirt.  The boys pushed the wagon back and forth with Payton to help load it up with dirt.  I of course had the hardest job of them all, I had to sit and watch and take pictures.  I told Mitch this should be my new job with all house projects.  I don't know why he didn't agree with me.  
We aren't able to have a garden in our yard, but Karen has always wanted one and I would love to have one.  So we are planting some vegetables together in their backyard.  We knew the kids would love to help get it ready and plant the seeds.  It wasn't as warm as we would have liked but the garden is all ready.  After changing their dirty clothes we headed home for lunch and naps.  Boys slept great after all their hard work this morning.  They should love getting to pick vegetables when it's time.  Plus I know I will be excited to have some good home grown veges this summer.

hard at work 
 Coop like pulling and Cohen liked pushing best
 Payton liked stopping for pictures
 Cohen helping Daddy spread out the dirt
 Cheezeee
 Cohen helping with the wheel barrel9*
 of course a little fighting over the shovel
cleaning off the driveway

No comments: