Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Watching, Not Doing

I have now been on bed rest for a week tomorrow.  I would have never thought sitting on the couch would  be so difficult.  People that know me, know that I don't sit still very often and can't stand it when I have to.  This is very difficult.  We have defiantly felt the love from our family and friends.  We have had so many people step up and helping us out.  We have great friends set up a meal sign up for us.  We also have someone coming over each morning and afternoon to take care of the kids until Mitch gets home from work.  I don't know what we would do without so many people voluntary to help us.  This has been such a humbling experience.  I am not usually someone who likes to ask for help but when there is no way I can do it by myself then I have to ask for help.
Sadly we still have such a long way to go.  It has been a week but I still have 10 left.   I hate sitting and helping direct what people should be doing.  I can see it in the kids that it is hard on them as well.  The boys don't understand why I won't get up when they pull my hand and say Momma. When they get all upset makes me feel terrible.  Payton likes having different people come over and having some of her friends here to play with.  She thinks is all about play time for her.  At the same time she has been a little hyper and not listening the best.  The boys will cry and want Mommy when other people are trying to help them.
Sitting back and watching your life happen without you doing it is harder then I thought it would be. I am extremely grateful to be at home on bed rest instead of in the hospital and missing everything.  I get to only leave to go to the doctors appointments.  I can get up to use the restroom and that is about it. My butt hurts already and it hasn't been that long yet.  One of my friends is a physical therapist and she informed me that for every day someone is one bed rest it takes about 5-7 days to get back to normal.  After sitting still for that long and not using my muscles it is going to take me anywhere from 9 months to 1 year to feel normal.   That was so depressing to hear, I knew it would take a while but I didn't think it would take that long.  I was hoping to be running by the end of the summer but I guess not so much.  
My wonderful husband has been running around crazy.  He has been getting kids ready at night with baths, brushing teeth, bed time stories, and tucking everyone in.  Then picking up the toys from the day and trying to prepare things for the next day with having diapers out and trying to make things easier for who ever will be here the next day.  I feel bad all the stress falls on his shoulders with the household, groceries, kids, errands, and the finances.  He has been handling it all very well and is just concerned with Parker and my health.
We again owe a huge Thank you to all our friends and family lending us a hand we are so appreciative of all your generosity and love.  We couldn't do it without you all and we are so lucky to have you.

No comments: