Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Entering the Next Decade

I got to spend 5 days with 3 of my best friends.  We have been through a lot of years together and mid April we took a trip to celebrate turning 30 together.  This year we all turn 30, yes I know it is so hard to believe because we all look so young.  It is true we are actually 30, well almost.  I just turned 30 a couple of days ago, and Stephanie and Kristin have another month or so.
The four of us went on our senior spring break together in Mexico.  While we were there we joked saying it would be fun to go on a trip again when we turned 30 or something.  Thinking how far away that actually seemed.  Well here we are folks turning 30.  So we went on a girls only weekend.  No husbands, no children, no responsibility.  We decided to go to Cabo. We wanted to catch up with each other, catch up on sleep, and catch some rays.  We did accomplish everything on our list.
We had so much fun together, Laura had suggested we all get a day to celebrate "your birthday." That person decided where we were eating that night and got to make a birthday wish for the day.  It was a nice way to celebrate each of us individually, on top of getting free dessert every night.  That was just an added bonus!  Except for one night when Kristin's dessert they brought out was flan.  Have you ever had flan?  OMG that was nasty.  Stephanie didn't seem to mind she ate it but the rest of us, NO way.
We went to bed around 9-9:30, slept like babies in our 2 full sizes beds. I think I woke up a little bit close to Laura a couple of times.  I am used to a king size bed and like my space while I sleep.  We ran or did yoga in the morning.  Yoga was great considering Laura and Steph are yoga instructors.  We did some spectators along the beach while our class was going on.  Then it was pool time.  We read our books, or talked and got plenty of sun.  Enjoyed happy hour and chips and salsa each day by the pool. We even enjoyed 2 massages on the beach.  Having baby oil rubbed all over you and listening to the waves crashing around you under a tent. AWESOME.
We had a great time! I am extremely lucky to have such a great husband that too off work and stayed home with the kiddos.  I was able to relax and feel good knowing Mitch was at home with our babies.  I was able to face time with them so I could say good morning and good night.  The boys would fight over who actually had the phone in front of them because they both wanted to see me.  I came home feeling rested and a new woman.  I know he had a great time seeing them and getting to go to swim lessons and participate in the events that usually happen while he is working. 
It was a great trip and hopefully we will be able to do it again, maybe 40?
view from our room
 Steph and I our first night out
 Kristin and me heading out for dinner
 our first dinner, it was great
 night 2 at the pinata store!
 with the fire dog at the fire station
 3rd night, drinks before dinner
 Steph's bday night
 cute sleeping seal
 karaoke bar, our last night
 Laura's bday dinner
 Steph doing yoga pose
 our body guards
 yes we all can fit, poor driver
 yes Laura and her el burro!
 on our way to marriage and divorce beach
 our yoga teachers, can't everyone do that?

1 comment:

Dr. Kristin Stegeman said...

So happy to be mentioned in your blog. Love as if u were my sister. So proud of all you have accomplished in your 30 years. You are kind, generous, loving and your friendship means the world to me. So proud of the woman and mother you have become. Congrats on 30 years well done!
Can't wait for our 60th. (Hope it still includes chips & salsa)
Love,
Kristin