Thursday, May 17, 2012

Mother's Day weekend

I started Mother's Day weekend with a bang.  Friday Mitch took off work to surprise me for my birthday.  He was home so we got an extra family day together, which is rare for us.  It was so nice just to hang out.  He had arranged for our families to come over that night for dinner to celebrate my birthday.  An added surprise was my Aunt and Uncle happened to be in town from Indiana. It was a great dinner, my husband is a great cook.  If he only got home from work earlier he would make all our meals.  Hey it doesn't hurt to dream, right?
We enjoyed a wonderful grilled pork, grilled vegetables and a couple of different salads.  To top it off ice cream cake of course! My favorite!  We ate after the boys were in bed so we all got to sit together with no interruptions.  That in it self is a treat.  I usually eat dinner standing at the counter as I serve the my 3 little garbage disposals. 
Saturday enjoyed my running with the cows race.  That afternoon we went to Carrie's open house.  She is graduating high school which is so hard to believe.  Now keep in mind this is my little Carey the little Carey that I have watched since she was born just about.  I have been on nearly 8 family vacations and still picture her as this sweet, little curly haired 5 year old. I am so proud of her and can't wait to hear all about the next adventure she is entering, college. OK, that is all I can say or I will get all sentimental.
 Saturday evening we got together with some of our friends and enjoyed some wine and great company. The gusy played ladder gulf and the girls got to visit. Which is what I do best.  It was the perfect way to celebrate my day and enter into Mother's Day.  One of my gifts was getting to go to sleep that night and wake up in my own bed.  It was great not coming home from work and getting ready for church.  Mitch made pancakes for us all, another favorite.  We went to church and wanted to have a picnic after.  The boys were tired and not in the mode so we came home and had lunch instead. We all rested while they napped and then we went to play at the park for a bit.  The weather was beautiful and we had a blast.  The kids gave me their card so beautfuly constructed by Payton, which I love.  The boys added a touch of color.
I love being a mom and there was no better way to spend the day then just being with my family.  It was nice not to run around crazy, which is our usual schedule.  Looking at my 3 beautiful children makes me smile each and every day. 
My mom with her 30 year old daughter
the fam 
 my ice cream cake!!! YUM
 the grandma gifts for Mother's day
 charm braclets with the kids birth stones and initials
 the wonderul Murguia girls, my second family
my wonderful blessings
 my babies
my Cooper
 my Cohen
 my girl
 I love it when we catch a good smile
 My mom

No comments: