Monday, January 9, 2012

Being Humbled

I have had a couple of very humbling experiences over the last couple of weeks. Do you ever need reminded that you have things pretty good? I do, pretty often actually. I love to set goals and work towards them. Which also translates to I like to be in control of what is going on. God has such a suttle way of reminding us that we are not in control, that he is. I know from the bottom of my heart all things work out for a reason. I know God is in control of all things.

I find myself from time to time being reminded of this very thing. A couple of plans I had worked out in my mind have not worked out how I was so sure they would. I took it hard the day I found out my plans were not going well. I had heard in the back of my mind "things do not always work out the way you want, Jessica." I was trying to ignore it. Then oddly enough I went to see my hairstylist and was telling her about my day. She made the exact same statement to me. "Things don't always workout the way we want but it is always for the better." I knew right then God was trying to get the message across to me and since I wasn't listening very well, he had someone else share the same thought.

I know I am kind of stubborn every once in a while. I finally got the message loud and clear. Yes everything will work out just fine. I have so many things to be greatful for. Just a couple of weeks ago I was praying for Cooper when he was sick. My continous prayer was to just heal Cooper and I don't need anything else but healthy kids. God answered my prayers exactly how I asked, praise Jesus for that. I am now reminded there is nothing else I need. I have God, a great husband, healthy children, a job, and a roof over my head.  Speaking of healthy children of course here a couple of pictures from the last couple of days.  These smiling faces make my day so great.  I am so proud to be their mother.

Thank you for reminding me this

 Ephesians  15-17

Be very careful, then, how you live--not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord's will is.



Sharing their new car they got for their birthday
We love the Wildcats even when they loose 
 Coop
 P
 Bubba
 sweetest thing in the world watching Daddy read bedtime stories to his boys
 Cohen showin off his new backpack
 Coop with his new backpack
 smiling through his paci while having family movie night in his new bean bag

2 comments:

amy said...

God has a plan for you, jess, even though it isn't what you imagined...it's better! love you. great pics of the kids! and you did great on the blog makeover! :)

Erin said...

I love reading your heart. keep walking that journey friend