Sunday, January 8, 2012

2012 Intensions

What are your goals?  Did many of you set 2012 goals.  Being that I am a very list orientated person we of course did.  I get love having list.  I make a weekly to do list, I love crossing off things as they are accomplished.  I really enjoy having list, I have also learned that I really don't function well without one. Call it pregnancy brian or whatever you would like, mine has never recovered from being pregnant twice.  Lets face it, it may never recover.  My husband is learning this, I have always been a little "blond" but I think it has gotten worse.  Anyways back to my point I live by list.  So of course we have made a list of goals for the next year.  We also made our 5 year list just to give us some direction.

  • I am working to get back down to 125-130lbs like I returned after having Payton.  It was much easier then for some reason. : ) 
  • Work out 4 days a week
  • Intentional with being intimate with my husband.  Having yound kids and working nights I could always say " I am tired" but I don't want to use that as an excuse.  Many of you have young kids and don't get much sleep we could be tired everyday all year long probably.  I am going to make every effort to not use that phrase.
  • Making sure Mitch knows we appreciate how hard he works for his family at work and at home while I am at work
  • Show God's love to patients while I am at work. 
  • spending at least 30 uninterupted min with Payton working on flashcards, Awana, or any educational games.
  • Working on Payton's speech with her ( she has started speech and we have homework to do, she is having some issues with articulation of some combinations of letters)
  • reading with the boys, I read lots of books with Payton.  I know it's easier with one kid but I want the boys to get the same amount of reading for them.
  • allowing the boys to learn and explore, taking time with each one, to have Mommy time.
  • Making sure I display patience for the kids to see no matter what I am doing. I want to act how I want them to act.  They learn best by deminstration.
  • Memorize scriputre from the book of James( the Beth Moore study we are doing in Women's bible study). Attempt not to miss any classes if kids allow that.
  • embrase turning 30
  • enjoy our family vacation this summer to North Carolina
  • help to allow Mitch to work in our basement, we are hoping to get drywall up.

I hope you take the time to write down your goals if you can.  I enjoy reading over the previous goals we have had and reflect on what we accomplished.  It gives a scence of pride and lets me feel productive.  Again helps with my lack of a good memory to know when things happened.  Another reason I love the blog, helps me to keep a good time line of when things occur.  2012 is underway and I am sure it will fly by even faster then last year.

1 comment:

amy said...

i will help you with #1 and #2 as long as you keep encouraging me to get my butt to the gym, too!