Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day Weekend Celebration

I am one of the luckiest women because I have the most wonderful husband and he is the most loving father. We started our weekend celebration on Friday night. Mitch planned a night out for the two of us to celebrate our 8 year wedding anniversary. He surprised me with a sushi cooking class at the Culinary Institute. We spent the evening enjoying each others company and making more sushi then one person could eat. We had a great time and now can have our own sushi party. I feel ready to share my talent with the world.( not really, Mitch was much better at rolling the sushi than I was)

I still feel so lucky to have such a wonderful man as my husband. There are not many people that can say they are married to a christian hardworking man, that always puts the needs of his family before his own. I am so very grateful to spend the rest of my life with the man of my dreams. Following our wonderful evening together we spent a family day at the pool.

We are fortunate enough to get to use my parents pool as often as we like. We packed up the kids and made it to their house in time to put the boys down for their morning nap and then it was pool time with Payton. We had so much fun, within the first 15 minutes of swimming Payton learned how to jump off the diving board. Once she discovered it wasn't scary that was all she did over and over and over. Her cousin Roxanne and her had to have jumped at least 50 times. I need to figure out how to get her over there more often to swim so hard because it wore her out. This should be done everyday, then she might stay in bed better at night. Problem solved, huh??

The boys got up from their nap and we brought them in for a quick dip before lunch. Mitch got to see how the boys liked the water and take a break from throwing Payton, Roxanne and Aubrey in the water. After eating lunch the boys took one more short nap and Payton got a little more swimming time in. Then it was time to pack up and head home for naps.

We rushed Payton to shower her off and lay down before it was time for her to get ready for the father daughter dance with her daddy. She was able to sleep for about 1.5 hrs. That helped get through the evening. Mitch and Payton meet a couple other Dad's and their daughters at chick-filla for dinner. Then off to the dance. Mitch spent most of the time watching Payton run around with her little girl friends, but they had a good time together.

I could not ask for a better father to my children or husband. Mitch takes great care of the kids on the weekend nights while I am working. He gets them dinner, baths, reads books, gets them to bed, picks up the house. We are so lucky to have such a great man to lead us through life and help show the boys what kind of man to become and show Payton what kind of man to look for. We love you babe, Happy Father's Day




8 years of marriage( the sun is kind of bright)


Payton jumping off the diving boardfamily swim day the boys loving the water Mema lovin on Cohen Cooper hangin with Nana Daddy and his princess
















1 comment:

Revercomb said...

What a fun weekend!