Friday, March 11, 2011

Lollipop

Yesterday was the big day. What big day you might ask. YES it was time for all 3 children have a doctor's appointment at the same time. That in itself was hard to schedual. They don't like schedualing 3 kids at once. I had to get permission from the doctor to allow that to happen. Are you kidding me? I told them there was no way I was making 2 trips to the office. Luckily permission granted. I had some back up, Mitch left work early to meet me at the office to help with the check ups. Thank goodness for that. Have you ever tried stripping down a 3 year old to her panties and 2 babies to their diapers? I hadn't either until yesterday. Not to terrible the hardest part was keeping a 3 year old in panities in the exam room. It was a little more difficult considering how large those exam rooms are.
Payton went first. She was so excitied to go to the doctor's office. She talked about it all morning. I don't know many 3 year old's that are excitied to see a doctor. She followed instructions well and loved watching them use all the instruments to check her eyes, ears, and mouth. She talks exceptionally well for her age, can do draw a circle, knows her colors, and ABC's.
She is measuring height: 40"8 >%95
weight: 37 lbs >%95
once all the measuring was done it was time for her shot. We told her it was coming and that it would sting a bit. My strong brave girl, no tears, she just told the nurse" hey that hurts me". After being so brave she of course got a lollipop, which was the highlight of the trip. We now have her paper work all filled out and she is ready for pre-school in the fall. It is so hard to believe that ornery little girl will be in pre-school. God bless that teacher, she will have to figure out how to keep her quite so she will be able to teach.
This is the best invention in the entire world for a mom with twins. The twin breast feeding pillow. It is amazing, both boys can lay on each side without me having to hold them up and then when it is time to burp (like the picture is showing) I can just prop them on my chest with their bottoms on the pillow to burp together. It works wonders and saves so much time versus feeding one at a time. Love this pillow!!!
We have come to the conclusion that I must produce breast cream, not breast milk. I know you are all jealous. My boys are chunkin up. Just what I love to see big o'l cheeks and chunky thighs!!! They did great at their check ups. Here are a few developments they have mastered:
  • lifting their head while lying on their stomach
  • smiles socially, knows the presence of your voice
  • little coo's and blowing bubbles
  • going 8 hrs. at night between feedings
  • sleeping together in a crib

Cohen is measuring: Height: 23" %50

Weight: 10lbs 12.8oz %27

Head: 15 3/4" %50

There is that cute little man that I love so much! Haven't captured the smile yet.

Cooper is measuring: Height: 22 3/4" %50

Weight: 10lbs 3.2oz %20

Head: 16" %52

There is my other little man that I love so much, my boys look so serious in these pics.

The boys did well with their shots. They didn't receive a lollipop but they had mom and dad to hold them and calm them down. They only cried for about 15-30sec. Once they were dressed and back in their seats they went right back to sleep. Such good little boys, I don't think they liked their nap time interrupted. I know that I don't like my nap interrupted either.

The greatest gift of all is being the mother of these 3 beautiful children. I could not ask for anything more. I have been trying so hard to soak up every minute of feeding and burping knowing that this will not last long and soon they will be just as big as Payton and there won't be anymore cuddling and rocking(unless they don't feel good). It goes by so fast but I am loving it now!








No comments: