Sunday, March 21, 2010

Won the Battle But Not The War

Day 1:Starting on Wednesday Payton decided that she didn't want to go to sleep as our usual routine. She normally gets on her P.J.'s, brushes her teeth, reads a couple of stories, we turn on her music and rock in the rocking chair for 1 song, we lay her down, say her prayers and she goes to sleep. Sounds like a pretty good process, right? She doesn't think so anymore. She screamed and cried off and on for a couple of hours that she wanted to " rock". I had gone in and rocked her and Mitch also tried a couple of times. Each one ending the same way, once we got up to lay her down, more screaming. I kept thinking maybe she didn't feel good, or something was wrong. We finally did get her to sleep and laid her down without waking her up.
Day 2: Thursday then came, I figured during nap time we would see if she had the same fit or went to sleep right away. Everything started off great, she even laid down and I covered her up, then it was like she remembered that she was being a pain in the butt, she jumped up and started screaming "I need to rock" again. I told her to just lay down, I shut the door and left. She cried it out for over an hour and then finally fell asleep. That night took around an hour of crying also.
Day 3: This now brings us to Friday, nap time today was better probably only 20 minutes or so and that night the same. She did wake up through out the night 6 times needing covered up or her lovey but then would go right back to sleep. I was thinking this better stop soon, it's getting ridiculous. I don't even have an infant to be up all night with, we are way past that stage of the game, and haven't started over again yet. Little do I know about what is to come.
Day 4: So last night Mitch had her by himself while I was at work and said she barely cried and went right to sleep. We thought "home free this should be the end of the fits" We proved to her that we won and we didn't back down, she had to sleep because we weren't coming back in to get her up. Were we wrong or what?!!
Today Mitch laid her down for nap and she started her crying fit. She even started saying that she pooped so I went in to change her. Guess what NO poop. Nice way to get me in there though. Then of course she was wanting to rock, I told her "NO" and laid her back down. Was she pissed or what. Screaming bloody murder like someone just broke both her arms. That went on for a while. She would get quite for a little but then started crying all over again. After 3 hours we decided at 3pm that if she was still awake we will just get her up. She had been talking to herself but not crying the last 20 minutes. Well 3 rolled around so I was walking up the stairs to go to her room. I heard the door moving around like the wind was blowing against it. I was thinking to myself, that is impossible there is no way she is on the other side of that door pulling on it. Guess what? You are right, there she was, as I opened the door I hear " Hi Mommy, I get out". Of course I was thinking, " Yeah No shit I see that". So just as I thought we stood strong and held our ground that we weren't going to give in, we showed her who's boss. She showed us that we can have a whole new problem to deal with now. Gotta love 2 yr olds.

1 comment:

amy said...

lol!!! you are in trouble now!