Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Ace of Cakes

Ace of Cakes! Anyone a fan? If so you should be watching because I should be appearing soon on the show. Over the last month my neighbor, Amy and I have been taking a cake decorating class. We decided that we should improve our cake decorating abilities so that our children's birthday cakes would look professional, but still made by Mom. Our class was a couple of hours every Monday evening. My co-workers got the perk of cakes each week. I work at the hospital on Tuesdays so I would bring in what ever cake I made on Monday. I don't really think they cared what it looked like, but enjoyed eating it. I especially helped out the couple of them that are on diets. Talk about bad temptation!!
Well even though I really won't be appearing on any cake shows, or hosting my own, we did have a great time. I took pictures of all 4 cakes I made over the past month. They are in the order they were made. I did improve each week but it will probably be a while before I am approached about hosting my own show or opening my own bakery.
My first cake of the classMy cousins baby shower cake
Payton 2nd birthday cake
My 2nd cake made in class

My 3rd cake made in class, the roses are hard.

No comments: