Sunday, March 28, 2010

We have a Big Girl Now!

Last week it became official. Payton moved into her "Big Girl" room. After learning how to crawl out of the crib we decided to move her into her new room. She now is sleeping on a twin bed in the room next to the nursery. She has done really well with the transition. She picked up the routine pretty fast. We started Monday night, after Daddy got the room ready. We put a rail on the side of the bed and we got her furniture mounted to the wall so she pull it over onto herself.
The first night she got up and down frequently but caught on that I kept just walking in and not talking to her and walking her back to bed. By the fifth time walking in she turned around to walk back to her bed the minute she saw me enter the room. It only took her a little over an hour to go to sleep, and the best part was there was no screaming.
It only took a couple of days, now she lays right down and doesn't get up at all. She loves her new bed and she doesn't get up during nap time either. I am so proud of her. I keep thinking how lucky we are at how well she adjusts to things. I hope all of my children will be this easy. I know better, I am sure they won't but a mother can dream! I think next week we are going to make our first attempt to potty train. We will see how that next obstacle goes.

No comments: