Sunday, December 16, 2012

20 weeks

This is my first pregnancy picture I have taken.  I am not on top of it this go around.  This has been different and harder in different ways than the other two.  I am not as physically sick as the other two pregnancies.  Thank goodness I prayed everyday that would not last the entire 9 months.  I am not sure I could have handled that again.    I feel much more run down and tired this time.  I am sure that it has nothing to do with the fact that I am older than before.  I am not sure which is more exhausting carrying twins, or taking care of twins while pregnant.  I think it's a toss up.  I still feel so tired and worn out most of the time, my various veins are the worst they have ever been, so it is painful to be on my feet for very long.  I remember thinking I felt good during the second trimester.  Haven't had many of those thoughts this time. 
I am trying to enjoy every part of this, knowing it will be the last time I get to carry a baby.  I am loving that he is kicking now all the time.  I love being able to feel that.  The fact that God can allow us to have this privilege is amazing, even when you feel run down some days.  I know as the process continues and once our little bouncing baby boy arrives, I will be savoring every little thing.  To know this is my last baby for sure makes it feel so different.  The baby stage went by WAY to fast with the twins I am glad I can have one to hold and feed and cuddle with before he is to big too.
The new born stage is one of my favorite.  I can sit and hold a new born baby all day long, if time allowed.  A friend of ours just had her twins and I got to hold them last week in the hospital and there is nothing else much sweeter to me. 

20 weeks


No comments: