Sunday, February 26, 2012

I'm A Little Tea Pot

It is so hard to believe that 4 years ago I became a mom. One of the best days of my life was having my beautiful daughter. I love playing dress up, doing puzzles, working on vocabulary words, playing in the backyard and cuddling with my wonderful daughter. God blessed us with our strong willed, loving, beautiful, independent, friendly, outgoing daughter. I am still amazed some days what a honor it is to be a parent. It is by far the hardest, most rewarding job I have ever been blessed with.

This year we had a princess tea party. I was trying to do simple and cute. I made small little bit size muffins, and triangle peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I set up the table and had pink sugar brimmed cups for their raspberry lemonade. I wanted to make everything from scratch because I enjoy it, not that Payton would know either way. It was fun getting ready for and it appeared the girls all had a good time. We had cake balls, cake pops, mini and regular cupcakes. I tried new cupcake recipes which turned out pretty well. We had strawberry cupcakes with white wedding icing, and snicker doodle cupcakes with cream cheese icing.

Trying to be creative I wanted something for the girls to have as their "thank you" gift and something else to do at the party. So we painted picture frames and I took everyone's picture so they can put it in their very own frame. The girls all go rings and a princess necklace or bracelet to wear at the party as well. The tea party was in the morning, then after naps was the family party.

The grandparents and my aunt and cousin came over for presents and more cupcakes. Payton was excited that she got to have 2 cupcakes in one day. The things that make little ones happy in life.

Table set up

cupcakes
pretty girls
so happy
Grace got to dress up for the first time!
my princess
Lyndsey and her princess
good job blowing out your candles
hard at work painting frames
 such beautiful art work
 they had a good time
 the moms putting on the finishing touches!!
 all the pretty princesses
 SMILE

family time 
 Payton and Addison
 Daddy and Cooper helping with presents

No comments: