Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentines

Our Valentine's Day kick off was last night for dinner. We sat down as a family for dinner, which never happens anymore. My gift to my sweet heart was a good home cooked meal, which hardly happens anymore either. I started preparing dessert during nap time. Mitch got crab stuffed steak, mashed sweet potatoes, asparagus, red wine and for dessert chocolate raspberry cake. The kids got macaroni instead of cake, which they were happy with. After dinner was done boys had baths and in bed, I got to sit with Payton so she could sign all her Valentines. Mitch was doing ALL dishes while Payton practiced writing her name 15 times.

Coming downstairs the kids Valentines were on the counter waiting for them and I made them heart shaped French toast for breakfast. I even had a card on the counter waiting for me with chocolate covered strawberries in the fridge from edible arrangements. I am so excited, they won't last long.
We did everything "heart shaped" today, even peanut butter and jelly for lunch. I love that the smallest things make kids so happy. Just a couple of extra minutes on my end makes such a special day for them. (Well Payton was excited)
The boys and I joined Payton up at preschool for her party. The kids all had a great time, including the boys who were going around the room looking for new toys to play with. My mom got each of the kid’s presents, of course. The boys got their” I love you” shirts and Payton got the red heart leggings to wear today.
Family dinner
Mitch's yummy dinner
the start of the cake
the end result
preschool party
craft time
Cohen enjoying the preschool classroom
Cooper found blocks
Payton in her red heart pants, she insisted on getting a picture in them
the onry boys
my 3 sweethearts
here comes Cooper to try to grab the camera, his new fun game if he sees me with it

Payton walking with Cohen

4 comments:

Dawn McVey (dawnsing) said...

So cute! Glad you guys are having a fun Valentine's Day!!

Revercomb said...

Fun! Happy Valentines Day!

DeAnna said...

The Ulupalakua Red would have been one of my favorite parts of the meal :-)

DeAnna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.