Friday, May 27, 2011

Remember When

I celebrated my 29th birthday a couple of weeks ago. Yes I know, give me a break, you try blogging with twin babies and a 3 year old. As long as the event happened within the month I figure that is good enough. So as I was saying, my birthday. I remember long ago when I would plan the night out with all of my friends, figure out who was going to be the one driving, knowing I would have way to much to drink. I can remember these birthdays like it was yesterday.
Want to hear how I spent this birthday? Of course you do or you wouldn't be reading my blog. I did lucked out and got 3 dinners out of 1 birthday. That was pretty awesome. The night of my birthday my in-laws came over and cooked a wonderful meal for us. We had one of my favorites salmon on the grill. My caring wonderful husband even got my favorites, carrot cake from 3 Women and an Oven. Their dessert is to die for. The next night we got to eat at one of favorite restaurants, Bone Fish Grill with my grandparents. My grandfather told us last fall that they would take us out for dinner to celebrate getting through my pregnancy and celebrate that we had healthy happy boys. So we finally got around to that celebration dinner and it just happened to be the day after my birthday. The perfect way to go out and do all the celebrating at once. We got crazy volunteers to come to our zoo to babysit, thank you to Dee and Hayley for that.
The next week we had my birthday dinner with my parents. They came over and we all got to eat and chat a bit, which doesn't happen very often. It was very nice and I even had a surprise of a new Coach wallet and a pair of shorts,( that actually fit, is the best part). Mom just came back from vacation in Florida and went shopping at the outlets.... which lead to the new wallet.
My birthday celebration may have changed a bit, but I still had a great birthday with my wonderful family and wouldn't change it for the world. I even got my flower pots planted that day which was great, I even had my very own helper.


my boys playing happily
helping mommy plant her pots

moving dirt






































No comments: