Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The Adventurous Christmas Week

We enjoyed a wonderful fun filled week of Christmas. We started with celebrating Christmas with Mitch's family the Saturday before Christmas. We opened presents at their house and ate dinner. We watched a Tinkerbell movie, of course was Payton's choice. Payton was Santa's helper and handed out all the presents with Uncle Sean. The tradition of opening presents at their house is opening in order from youngest to oldest. Payton obviously got to open all of her presents first. Next year I don't think she is going to be as excited when her brothers get to go first.
Mitch and I
last Christmas pic of only the 3 0f us
watching the Tinkerbell movie
Payton opening her jewelry box
I got my handle bar tray for my BOB!
Payton listening to her V-reader she got

The next day Sunday we went to church as normal and then came home for only about 1 hour or so. I had been having some back pains, which turned out to be contractions. By the time we got home they were about 10 minutes apart. After we called the doctor on call they told us to go to the hospital. Once we were there I got hooked up to the machines and the contractions turned into about 3 minutes apart. They tried 2 methods to stop them but they didn't work. So the last result was Magnesium Sulfate. They let that run into your body for a minimum of 24 hours. That wasn't started until 7pm. Along with that drug they gave me my first dose of steroids to help with the babies lungs. Then Monday night they stopped my magnesium and let me go through the night and see how I did on my own. I made it through the night well but they started up strong the next morning. So I bought myself another 24 of magnesium and night in the hospital. That also got me to get my second dose of steroids, which they give 48 hours apart. That is the most they can do for the boys while they are still cookin. I finally got to go home Thursday morning. My contractions continued to come and go but weren't strong enough to send me into complete labor. Since there are 2 babies and my uterus is huge, they said they aren't probably going to stop. So if things got worse or my water brakes then I am to go back in. I was hoping to get through Christmas which we did!!!
Payton seeing what Santa brought her
She got a chest of dress up clothes, look a pretty princess
Christmas morning all together
After our Christmas at home, on Christmas day we went to my parents for the day. The girls had a great time opening all of their presents together and playing with their new toys. They had tons of boxes to open and they through them so fast. We all watched Toy Story 3 together and enjoyed a great Christmas dinner. We got the pleasure of having my grandparents spend the holiday with us. They have been here this winter even though they are usually in Arizona. They have stayed in town to help us since I am so pregnant and now on bed rest. They have been our saving grace, we are so grateful, words can not explain how grateful.
Payton before going to Nana and Papa Jim on Christmas day.
the girls waiting for their presents
mema and poppop getting their stocking bags
dressing up again the minute we got home from Nana and Papa Jim's














No comments: