Sunday, January 17, 2010

Speak any French??

Last week Payton and I accompanied my parents to a doctors appointment for my Dad. I knew that it would be a long morning so I brought our portable DVD player so Payton would have something to keep he occupied. I knew she would have to sit still for a while and we all know how well 23 month old do that. I brought along a couple of different movies that she likes. She had picked 101 Datamations, one of her favorites. This was the first time she had to watch an entire movie wearing headphones. I wasn't sure how it would work but actually did very well. We were back in the patient rooms she kept taking off the headphones saying she was done and didn't want to wear them any longer. I thought maybe they came unplugged so I put them on to make sure sound was coming through. It took my a couple of seconds to realize that the movie was playing in French. No wonder she had enough because the poor thing couldn't understand in the first place. She even mumbled a couple times during the movie but I couldn't understand what she said. She was just practicing her French and I didn't even know it. I was surprised that she went along for that long. We made it through the doctors visit and everything with Dad turned out as well as it could be. Thank goodness because I love my Dad more than anything in the world, I got a little nervous, but God is taking good care of him.

No comments: