Tuesday, December 27, 2011

3 Days of Christmas

Christmas at the Lymans house was fun and eventful! As you can guess there are a ton of pictures of my children. If you have seen enough, which most of you have then please do not continue. I love the camera and get kind of carried away. Well anyways, Mitch and I decided to take our nieces to Build-a-bear for their Christmas. They have never been and thought they would enjoy the experience. So their gifts turned into a entire event. I picked them up and meet Mitch at the mall when he was off work. That in itself was an experience. Have you ever tried fitting 5 kids in a tahoe, all in car seats/booster seats? OMG such a huge pain. After finally getting the seating arrangements figured out we made it there all in one piece. In the pouring rain I might add. Which is what every mother dreams of when tyring to get 5 kids out of the car by herself. Once we accomplished that, Mitch caught up with us. We ate some dinner and then off to make bears.
The girls thought it was pretty cool, I was a little leery on how Payton would do. We told her that this was Roxannes and Aubrey's Christmas gifts and that she wasn't making anything. She has been there before and we don't need anymore stuffed animals at our house. She did great, never complained once. We then of course rode on the merry-go-round before leaving. We also decided we would brave a sleep over since school was out. So they spent the night which went well. We had breakfast and played the next morning and then my brother picked them up while the boys were napping. All went pretty well for having 5 kids under 5. Mitch made sure to mention," THANK GOODNESS we didn't have 5 kids this young".
Christmas Eve we went to my grandparents on my Dad's side and exchanged presents. Everyone had a good time and the kids all got their P.J's for Christmas morning. Yes you might notice they all match. Well any of you who know my mother, that is why. ( she loves that stuff)!!
Christmas morning was so much fun, I was lucky enough to get off work Christmas Eve so I would be home when everyone woke up. Mitch's parents and brother came to the house for the day. We had a great time, very low key. Cohen is not so into opening presents, doesn't want to be made to sit still. He just wanted to play and eat paper. Cooper was interested as long as someone gave him a hand. Payton got a doll house from Santa and loved it. That was what she told anyone who asked that she was getting, good thing he came through. I worked that night and went in after dinner.
Monday we went to my parents for their celebration. I took a short nap with the boys and then we showed up at Mom and Dad's house. Again Cohen was not interested in opening presents. We blew through the gifts, which happens when there are so many kids excited to dig in. We ate, and played the Wii. Tyler was surprised by the chairs Mitch made. That was our gift to family this year. Mitch made everyone a pair of Adirondack chairs. He worked very hard and they looked great.
I love this time of year but am anxious to get the house back in order before the boys birthday which is in 2 days. Time goes by fast when you are having fun. Thank you God for the birth of Jesus and giving us this wonderful holiday.

trying to enjoy food court food

Build-a-bear in action
the finished product

around we go( I should have stayed off, motion sickness Yuck)

Coop


Sibling love

I love noise, bells, singing and yelling all at once ( I know you're jealous)

Good pic

our fam

OH... a phone

anything that makes noise is a hit

the matching 5

Christmas morning

opening presents

Cooper happy boy

watching a new movie

cuddling with Uncle Sean

Christmas at mom my parents

attempting again


alright cars

new hats

wearing them like Daddy does

chairs made by Mitch

Hanging with Nana and Papa Jim


1 comment:

Revercomb said...

Looks like lots of fun! Merry Christmas!