Sunday, July 10, 2011

1-2-3 Magic

I started reading 1-2-3 Magic for Christian Parents last night. It is a book on effective discipline for children ages 2-12. I now know what it feels like to be that parent. I have had the honor twice now of having the child screaming throwing a fit in a store. The first time was after getting pictures taken, the second time was in the book store while trying to buy this book. I am sure that anyone in the store was thinking to themselves that I should be buying every book possibly made for effective discipline. I stayed calm and didn't yell or scream or raise my voice. I just kept telling her to stand up so we could go out to the car. I was carrying both the infant seats so I didn't have the option to pick her up and put her in the car. The melt down was over a piece of candy, why do they have to put candy at the registers? I totally understand the impulse buyer will spend more and get some candy. Do they also want to punish any mother with children who think the candy is there for them to eat, not to by? I wonder how many mothers a day have to fight with their child to put back the candy and don't touch? I was defiantly one of them.
So I am looking forward to getting through my new book and then let Mitch read it so we can try this new system. I would love to not be the center of attention the next time I walk into a store. God bless 3 year olds, I love mine with all my heart!!! We will see if the advise helps.

No comments: