Thursday, February 24, 2011

Are You Kidding???

Most parents thinks their child is wonderful; we are no different. I am confident that all three of our children will be well-mannered and intelligent. Having a toddler can be such a fun, exciting experience. There are wonderful days and those days when you want to bang your head against the wall. (or their head.) When they look at you with a blank stare, as if I was speaking a foreign language.
This afternoon lunch was finished and I was feeding Cooper. Payton was playing with her dolls and said, " I have to go to the bathroom." She heads that direction and then starts her winning cry. I of course know that means she has gone some in her pants. She then starts walking slower, which is what I would do if I was peeing my pants. She then changed her panties and pants and crawled in bed for her nap.
Our next adventure was after nap time. Payton had changed out of her pull-up by herself. She came downstairs I asked," Did you go potty?" She replied "yes mommy." She started playing with her dolls and wanted to go in the basement. I asked again," Do you need to potty first?" She replies "NO" Within 3 minutes of going downstairs she was back upstairs. Standing in the middle of the family room, looking right at me. "mom I peed." REALLY. She wasn't kidding, completely stood there and peed her pants. It proceeded to run down her leg and onto the carpet. I had just started breast feeding so couldn't jump up as fast as I would have liked to. I have absolutely no idea why!? Luckily for her I was feeding one of the boys or I would have jumped off the couch screaming slightly louder then I was while sitting on the couch. I asked of course, "why didn't you go potty when I asked if you needed to go?" Payton; " I don't know."
That is the most common response I here lately.
Thank goodness Mitch was arriving any minute, here you go she is all yours for the night. I am going to be hopeful that will not be happening any more. It felt like we had a puppy in the house today. ( not that I am calling my child a dog) Think positive thoughts for Payton. ( and me because I think I will need it)

No comments: