Thursday, December 24, 2009

Payton...Makeup...

Yes you guessed right Payton got her first experience putting on her own makeup. Well actually she used mine. I was trying to leave to go to the dentist yesterday and Payton was coming along. She has started ignoring instructions given to her when she doesn't want to obey. So much fun I know. I went downstairs and told her I was leaving and she better hurry so I didn't go without her. That didn't really work to my advantage because she didn't come running like I had hoped. I counted to three and told her she would be on time out if I had to come upstairs to get her. Again not working in my favor. We are about running late for the dentist by this point. So as I ran up stairs to carry her down instead she had moved from the dogs bed, where she was laying when I walked downstairs. Now she was standing in the bathroom over my makeup bag with my Charcoal black eye liner all over her face. In a time period of 30 sec she used my entire pencil and pressed it nice and hard into her face. Of course I was thrilled now to have no eye linear and have to clean off her face so we can proceed to the dentist office. To add to the fun she hadn't slept during nap time so I was going to take a 22month toddler with no nap to the dentist office and expect her to sit still. RIGHT like that was going to happen. They told me to start bringing her so she can see it's not a big deal so she isn't scared when it is her turn to sit in the dentist chair. She actually behaved very well during my appointment thank goodness. Hopefully her next encounter with make up will be less eventful

No comments: