Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Embarrassing moments

Today I got to experience the joy of being totally embarrassed in public by your child. Yes I knew this moment would someday come when your child embarrassed the heck out of you. Today was errand day and it happened to be 14 degrees outside. When we arrived at the doctor's office today I decided I would just carry Payton since we should only be there for about 10 minutes. The streets were covered with slush and ice and I though getting the stroller out and trying to get her buckled in would be more work than it was worth. So once we got in the office I signed in and had to set her down. Mind you usually when we do this she is in her stroller so she can't go anywhere unless I push her there. So needless to say once I placed her on her feet she was running around crazy. She stood nicely for about 2 minutes and then took off ran through the back room and I had to go after her. So I came back out to the waiting room and made her sit on my lap and wouldn't let her down even though she was desperately trying to. At this point came the high pitched loud screaming. She thought to show she was ticked off she would scream at the top of her lungs continuously. I tried to calmly ask her to quite and turned her around to face me. Everyone in the whole office is of course starring at me probably thinking what is the woman going to do with that screaming child. I even covered her mouth with my hand to try to bring down the noise just a little bit. I now know how terrible all those mom's feel when their child is acting up and causing a scene. Well it was my first time and I know it won't be the last.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I LOVE your new heading! That is so cute! Reminds me of some card that I got in the mail! :) Also, we need your address? For some reason we don't have it...I think for wedding stuff we must have asked for it and never wrote it down! Sorry! Anyway, can you email me or have Mitch text Josh (I sent him a text from Josh's phone last night asking for it)!

ekperkins24@gmail.com