Tuesday, June 15, 2010

TWINS!!

Our family is growing from 3 of us to 5. That sounds like such a big jump. We go from being first time parents and having a great first baby. We have the upper hand there is 2 of us and only 1 of her. Before we know it we will be out numbered with 3 of them. I still have a hard time wrapping my head around it. We have known that we were pregnant but last week we had an OB check up and an ultrasound. I also had blood work drawn a couple of times to check my HCG levels. Each time we were told the results and they were a little on the high side but nothing that screamed there is more than 1 in there. I had asked the nurse the day before my check up what it meant that my levels were 14,000 at 6 weeks? She told me the standard response,' it has a possibility but doesn't mean you are having twins, don't worry about it you will see the doctor tomorrow.' Yeah.... right, that was a total line, because right when she started the ultrasound, it obvious.....2 plain as day. I started to cry I was so excited. Poor Mitch couldn't believe it. He was excited but the initial shock and his face turning white had to wear off first.
So yes we are having twins, the are not identical, they are feternal, in their own sacs. I am going to follow doctors orders closely and hope we can keep them growing safely in my tummy for as long as possible. We are praying for no bumps in the road and my body to cope well with all the changes headed it's way. We will keep you all posted through this wonderful adventure that God has blessed us with.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Yeah, so excited for you guys! I have been thinking about you ever since we talked the other night. I am still in shock, can't imagine what you are experiencing!